Pages

Followers

Wednesday, August 8

Lucky Alien

“Hello, Earthlings. We come in piece peace.”

There was this one particular day, the day I first met an alien upon my very eyes-

At the first glance, I sense nothing fishy about him. He acts like a normal human does; he eats, he jokes, he sleeps. Overall he seems like an ordinary person to me. There is exactly nothing special about him. Nothing!

Until one day he came. He gathered a few others of the same age as me and started talking about this alien stuff I could barely understand. I was completely confused that I decided to give a simple nod and smile as responses.

(By the way, he called the gathering thingy as a liqa'.. I guess.)

Anyway, I really do hope he will eventually get bored and vanish into the thin air. Yes, I do!

But he kept on sharing and pouring all things he knew. Bit by bit, one after another rapidly. I try to overwhelm anything he threw at me.

Luckily, I survive.

I wish I will never ever again encounter that moment.

But I was wrong. 

Every single time he had the chance, he will open up stories, a lot of them. There was a story of war, story of achievements, story of bla.. bla.. bla..

‘Did he not have other things to do? Go get a life. Disturb me no more!’ I scream silently. Uh.

This thing happened again and again. It keeps on repeating.

Every time I try to give excuses he will seek for opportunities. Every time I showed bored expression he just be patience and keep on going. Every time I try to run away he will sat there and it makes me felt guilty that I soon came back to him. It worked!

I do not know what have he instilled within me.

Because after a few meet ups I somehow got addicted to his stories. I just want to hear more and more.

I want to be more like him. And I do not even mind if to be like him, meant I must become an alien too.

I am ready!

Apparently, he is gone. I am all alone with stories I hardly remember and along the other few.

Amazingly, they (the other few) and I still seek the chance to meet and share stories. Even though we are a lot busier now, we still felt the urge to gather and make sure we did not forget.

And guess what?

Now, we are the aliens; trying to convey stories and to develop new generation of future aliens as well.

Seriously, I kind of miss the old moments.

The moment when we first met. The moment we celebrate things together. The moment where we share happy and sad stories. A whole lot of moments I swear, I will never forget.

Now, I knew how he felt when I ignored him, when I try to distance myself from him. Yes, serve me right. I deserve such things. 

Hm.

I wonder. Will I be a good murabbi too?

“Islam bermula sebagai sesuatu yang dianggap asing dan ganjil. Dan ia akan kembali sebagaimana permulaannya, dianggap asing dan ganjil. Maka, beruntunglah orang-orang yang ganjil” [Hadith Muslim no. 145] 

No comments:

Post a Comment