Pages

Followers

Tuesday, September 6

LEARN FROM ONE ANOTHER. :)

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

I guess it's still not too late to wish ''Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Maaf Zahir dan Batin." I really do hope you all were having a fantastic time celebrating this year raya celebration. :)

Recently, i'm totally busy with the whole raya eid mubarak celebration. All my assignments were left purely untouched in my bag. "Shame on you, Aezu!" Yes, you got that right. But let us put the lot-of-fun assignments aside for awhile. Shuh! Go away my dear assignments. Hahah.

On the second day of Syawal, I and my family my family and I went to Tok Usu's house. He is my late paternal grandma's youngest brother. That's why we call him Tok Usu (because he is the youngest in among his sibling). He really loves to share his story with us. Especially, the story of him as a teacher million years ago. Heheh. :P

Here it goes.

Story 1: Homework O Homework!

One day, there was a father (Malay) came and approached me (Tok Usu) at my former school. He said, "Sir, why did most of the teachers; especially math's teachers, always asked my son to do a lot of homework. My son was totally burdened with it. I feel sorry for him." I ask him politely, "Then, what can I do to help you and your son?" He replied, "Maybe you can asked the teachers to reduce the amount of homework given to their student."

After the conversation is over, came another father approaching me. He is Chinese. He said, "Sir, I think your teachers should increase the amount of homeworks given to my son. The homework given before are not enough for my son to excel in his study." I ask him, "Do you meant, that I should ask the teachers to give more homeworks to all student?" He replied, " Yes, that's true!"

~The End~

Okay. That's the first story. The second story was told by my Pak Ngah who live in Kedah. I last visit him during the last year Syawal. Yes, it is almost a year since then. A coincidence maybe, his story is somewhat related to the first story itself. So, here it goes.

Story 2: Watch The Watch.
At my place, the community always organised 'gotong-royong' to clean up the masjid's compund. But the problem is the time management of the participant, mostly the Malays. The event supposed to be carried out at 8 o'clock in the morning but hell yeah there only showed up at 9.00 o'clock. 

So, one of my friend started a joke. "Hai, ni lah jam Melayu. Selalu je lambat. tak pernah nak tepat" And i continued, "lepas ni kalau nak buat aktiviti, kena tanya dulu, nak pakai jam melayu ke jam cina? hahah." BUT the super annoying thing is some of the crowd dare to ask me, "Em. Datang gotong-royong ni ada makan-makan tak?"


~The End~

Well, there you go. Two different stories that carry one simple literally message. Learn from other races la. Jangan sibuk nak bangga sangat dengan ketuanan Melayu kalau diri sendiri tak terjaga. Nope. I am not down-grading my own race. Im just being realistic. In the holy Quran, Surah Al-Hujurat, verse 13, Allah taala says...


''O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.''

''Wahai umat manusia! Sesungguhnya Kami telah menciptakan kamu dari lelaki dan perempuan, dan Kami telah menjadikan kamu berbagai bangsa dan bersuku puak, supaya kamu berkenal-kenalan (dan beramah mesra antara satu dengan yang lain). Sesungguhnya semulia-mulia kamu di sisi Allah ialah orang yang lebih taqwanya di antara kamu, (bukan yang lebih keturunan atau bangsanya). Sesungguhnya Allah Maha Mengetahui, lagi Maha Mendalam PengetahuanNya (akan keadaan dan amalan kamu).''
(Surah Al-Hujurat : 13)

So, it's not a wrong thing to do if we are trying to appreciate the variety of His creation by taking or practicing any good examples shown by other races. Tak salah kan? By the way, we are living in a harmonious country, Malaysia. Why shouldn't we respect each other uniqueness, right? Stop being racist and be realistic, people.

Bye. :)

p/s: Tomorrow im goin' back to Kolej MARA Banting. Wish me luck! :D

3 comments:

  1. ehem2....my family and i laaa..kuikuikui...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love multiracial environment.it's nice to learn various things from our multiracial friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup. u right..
    i sendiri can see the difference in my class. most are my classmates are chinese, and they always nak hw lebih. but masa sekolah semua melayu, they lebih suka if tak ada hw. really2 different. and we should learn from it :)

    ReplyDelete